Saturday, July 5, 2008

MS 150 Life Time Fitness June 28th 2008



Let me just say that I really do have the best job in the world! It is times like these and events like this that I am reminded of how lucky I am to be a part of such an amazing team. Last weekend was the MS 150 bike ride in Logan. Life Time is always a huge part of this and we try to raise as much as we can for this great cause. This year we had the biggest team of 177 riders. We rode 100 miles in 97 degree heat but it didn't matter, I was with my favorite people in the world. I rode with Kaycee, Deb, Heidi and Kasi and we called ourselves the fab 5. Nobody else could stand a chance to hang with us, so we stayed together and kicked major booty. The 100 mile ride would not have been the same without them. We also had a blast hanging out the night before. We had 4 people in one king size bed and that alone was a comedy. I don't think I slept and if I did it was probably for only ten minutes. The night before we decorated our bikes and stayed up late laughing and eating candy. Kaycee and I had noise makers on our bikes to keep everyone entertained. I had a huge horn that we baught at Walmart on our way up and Kaycee had a rubber parrot named Pete that I had mounted on her handle bars. Holy crap, we almost peed our pants everytime we honked these suckers. So did everybody else! Anyways, here is some pictures of the race. I don't have many posted, but once I get the others from Kaycee I will blog more about my fun weekend. Enjoy!


My team! I can't express to you how much these people mean to me. LOVE YOU!

All of the girls being silly! This pyramid did not last long, we all fell like two seconds later! Kaycee we can't see your muscles because your hair is in the way! ;)

Good Times!


Debbie and Kaycee! Man I love these two!

Yikes! Never cute in a helmet and a very close up picture! I have to say though that I was sure glad to be done with 100 miles!


TO BE CONTINUED ON A FUTURE BLOG POST........

3 comments:

Jen said...

Crap! Can't believe I missed out on this ride. You guys are all awesome and I'm sure you did kick some major booty. Abbey, I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. You're energy is infectious. You make everyone around you feel a little bit better about themselves and life in general. Love ya!

Lisa said...

OK, now HOW are we supposed to find you in the huge group picture? Can I get a little hint? Looks like you had tons of fun, and my butt hurts just thinking about riding for 100 miles. I would totally be into the decorating and obnoxious noise makers though! And yes, you look cute EVEN in a helmet!

Tebbs Times said...

I LOVED riding with Abs!! I can't wait to do it again...call me if you want to meet up sometime. If I don't have a billion things to do with the kiddos, I would love to get out again real soon!! Have fun in Vegas at Idea!!
love ya:)

Powered by Blogger.