Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July and Biking!


At the top of Emmigration Canyon

Holy cow I have had alot going on lately. It seems that I have not stopped to breathe and take everything in that I have been doing the last few weeks. Since the Ragnars Wasatch Back Relay, I have been to Lake Powell and back, I also took a trip the very next weekend to Logan for the MS 150 ride that I did with Life Time fitness. Please read on as this is my second post today because of so much that has been going on that I have not yet blogged about. I leave Tuesday for Vegas for the Idea Fitness convention and I already can't wait! I will be headed down with some of my Life Time friends and I will be helping Megs out in her awesome Impact Fitness Booth for the week. Last night was the 4th of July and it was so nice to be with my family. We went to my sisters house and had a bbq and watched my dad as he and Joseph entertained us with store baught fireworks. The funniest part was playing cop patrol, making sure they were not lingering around the neighborhood to catch us in our mischief. I love my family!

SO, today I finally got some alone time. I have not had any in awhile. I'm the type of girl that every once in awhile I just need a break and I need some Abbey time. So, of course I decided to take that much needed alone time and go for a 70 mile bike ride. It was a long day but the views at the top of Emmigration canyon was amazing! It was very hot and by this time my arms were full of heat blisters so I quickly got back on my bike and made my way back home. What an amazing thing it is to see such views after a long hard climb. It makes it worth it!

View at the top of Emmigration Canyon after a long ride from home

Over the weekend, just being silly!

Keep reading on to see my latest blogging about the MS ride.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks!! So how many jobs do you have??? K I seriously love you to death!! I want to be you! You work out everyday, I would just love to do that!! So fill me in, I am really disliking my job right now!!
K cutie, live it up, I wish to see you and heath for lunch sometime. Let me know when you have time!! Love ya girl

Joel said...

You are amazing! Thanks for getting me back on track @ Fusion this morning. I LOVE your class and always look forward to it (it's the only class that I have in my PDA) BTW, I enjoyed our chat today. Remember, very few can rise to your level. It's not about you, it's about THEM. Never settle! An avelanche of good things are headed your way.

Unknown said...

The last pic...the one with you in the purple hat...I can just see you sitting at the computer home alone...snapping a million pics with ur phone til one looks good...then posting it on your blog. ha ha :)

Debbie Thomas said...

Hey, get blogging I have checked your blog 300 times for a new entry and totally disappointed that you haven't blogged!!! Now you will be in L.V. and I wont hear from you for another week!!! Have fun this week, wish I could have come with you, but I need to be MOmmy more than friend this time. Love you

CoLiE-O said...

i really really really want to take a class from you when i get back! you are so motivating!

sheena said...

Hi Abbey!! It's sheena...from your tuesday fusion class. I heard some girls talking about you and your blogging...had to check it out!! girl you are BUSY!! 70mi bike ride....you rock!! missed you in class yesterday...you are too cute!

Jaynann said...

Hey-call me next time you do Emigration Canyon or any canyon for that matter. Those are my favorite rides. I would love to ride together sometime. Fun to read about you.

Christina said...

Hey girl! I know, it's just so hard to catch up with each other lately! You have been extremely busy, as I can see! So, have I though, it's all good...We definitely need to catch up soon though! I was actually in Logan last weekend, but didn't make it down to SLC. I'm coming in Aug though over your b-day weekend, but it will be packed with activities and things going on with the family, so I'm not sure I will be able to see you! If you want to take a trip up here though...:) Love you tons!

chadandsydney said...

Do you know that those blogs are so long and I dont have all day to read them..or I really have too much a.d.d to sit still that long or maybe I just get sick and have to throw up so I can never finfih reading them.. I will have too go if I start to fill sick just so you know..

Debbie Thomas said...

Yeah!!!! Your home!! I missed you guys. Hope you had a blast, I can't imagine how you could not have a blast with you two!! See you this week.

Jaynann said...

Fri. early works for me. e-mail me gaoirans@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.