Monday, July 28, 2008

Gotta love a 4 year old's honesty

Ok so I had to blog tonight on something that really entertained me this past weekend. I had the great oppertunity to watch 3 little girls for a friend of mine while she and her husband took a weekend trip. It was so fun to be able to hang out with my little friends. Especially because they love me and they are so honest. They also know how much I love them. 4 years olds I decided can sometimes be a little too honest and the things that fly out of there mouths sometimes are down right hilarious. I had a little note book handy because I knew that I would be laughing at the funny things these kids would say. Especially the 4 year old Ciel. I wrote down most everything that I laughed at coming out of her mouth. I don't have kids of my own and it made me want them more and more after hanging out this weekend. (Not to mention, they are a bit dramatic at times too! Everything is SO much!!!)

CiCi'isms. (4 Year Old)

Abbey: Do you want to watch Lion King?
Ciel: No, I want to watch Little Mermaid
Abbey: Little Mermaid is on video tape and your VCR does not work
Ciel: Oh Dang it!
Abbey: How about we watch Brother Bear
Ciel: Oh ok I love that one
Abbey: Are you ready then?
Ciel: BRING IT ON!

A while into the movie CiCi and I were lying right next to eachother on the couch and we were kinda squished, so I asked her if she was comfortable

Ciel: Yeah I just have to put my armpits in.


Abbey: Thanks Ciel for giving me a kiss that is so nice of you!
Ciel: Did you know that sometimes girls can marry girls?
Abbey: Uh, yeah I guess. (I did not know what to say at this point, this was coming from a 4 year old)
Ciel: My friend Paris told me that girls can marry girls.

Lets just say the conversation ended there.


Maddie: (Ciel's 11 year old sister) CiCi why don't you come eat your pizza
Ciel: Because I don't want to Maddie
Maddie: It's going to be wasted and your going to be in trouble
Ciel: (So LOUD that she could have woke up the neighborhood) MADDIE! IT'S WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT!

that made no sense whatsover but it made us all laugh so hard.

CiCi: Abbey do you want to taste the most delicious food in ever and ever
Abbey: Sure!
CiCi: Ok, Hold on you will love it!
Abbey: I'll bet, can't wait!
CiCi: (Bringing over a box of cereal) Stick your hand in and try
Abbey: Yum those are delicious (Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats)
CiCi: Aren't they just delicious! I love them!

(SO CUTE)

Ok so this is where the honesty kicks in...I thought this was the funniest thing. My friend Kaycee and I took the kids up to Silver Lake on Sunday for a walk and picnic. Kaycee has a 4 year old little Kyli who is the cutest thing in the world. It was nice to see Ciel and her get along so well. We were walking down the board walk and Kaycee and I were kinda minding our own business when a family of Polygamist people walked past.

Kyli: (SO LOUD RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM SAID...) Mom, why is that lady wearing a white long dress when she is hiking.
Kaycee: You know that is a great question.

I was laughing so hard I could barely contain myself, Kyli was just curious to know why this person was wearing her long dress with pants underneath and she did not care to say it right in front of her. It is those moments you want to just crawl under a rock and die. CLASSIC!

I had to take Ciel to the potty because she was walking kinda funny and doing the pee pee dance.

Abbey: Do you need any help CiCi
Ciel: Nope
Ciel: Actually, I do need help.
Abbey: Are you ok?
Ciel: No, I can't get my underwear down its too tight!

I walk in there and she had both legs through one leg hole in her underwear. No wonder's she was walking funny! I had asked her earlier that day to go change her underwear...I guess she needed my help! Man it was so funny!

I could go on and on...I feel so lucky to know these little people in my life. They keep me grounded and I am so grateful for those oppertunities. If you have little kids, next time they say something funny you need to write it down. It would be cool to show them years down the road when you need a good laugh, or when you need something to make you smile on a not so good day. I love kids!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

oh man you've got me laughing pretty hard. Just remember these types of things when you have kids!! I need to start doing that with Saige! Lets get together soon!

Unknown said...

Wow....CiCi is so frickin cute....

Tebbs Times said...

Abs, great reminder...I do need to write these things down....If you watched my kids, I would be scared to see what you recorded them saying!!! you had me giggling!!

Jaynann said...

Oh, that is the best! I love it. Kids say the funniest things. You and their parents will be so glad you wrote it down. I need to do that more often. It is so fun to remember those moments and see their little personalities.

Powered by Blogger.