Monday, February 11, 2008

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchhill


I have a lot on my mind again tonight. Last week was absolutly nuts, I was running around constantly like a chicken without its head. I was completely emotionally, mentally and physically done by last night. I decided that I was going to turn my phone off by 7:00 and I was going to dis connect from the outside world for a couple of hours. I needed to before I started over again the next morning. So, last night my amazingly cute little niece and nephew Savannah and Ethan came over for dinner. It was so nice to walk in the door and see them smiling and happy to see their favorite aunt. I was awnry and I felt bad because I was not as chipper as them, but they quickly reminded me how blessed I am to have such an amazing family. I decided to turn my mood around and enjoy the night. I sat on the couch and watched the grammy awards. My favorite night of the year...well it ties with the Oscars. Allison would have to agree with me. Savannah and Ethan snuggled up to me as we watched the entertainment of the many artists. Some we would laugh our butts off because they were so freaking weird. Like "Amy Winehouse" "YIKES!" Ethan liked Kayne West's little routine, but I am not a fan. I was all about Tina Turner and Beyonce. I also love the Beetles love. It was so cool! Most of the artists I would pick to win were not there, like U2, Sarah Mclachlan, Peter Gabriel. Maybe I am just boring. I do like Cindy Lauper..and I loved how funky she still dresses. All in all it was so nice to just be home and to sit down and do nothing but watch the tube. I even popped myself some popcorn. It helped obviously because today was an awesome day! I had the best time at work tonight..doing again what I love. The people in my life are so important to me and I want them all to know how much I love them. I love my family and friends with all my heart. I love meeting new people. I love my life. So, even though last week was long and it never seemed to end....I am alive and happy and I need to never take it for granted. As for Savanah and Ethan, thank you for snuggling with me last night. It meant the world to me and it was all that I needed to re-engergize myself for this up and coming week. This is a picture of us sitting on the couch last night together.
Until next time, BREATHE in a FANTASTIC week! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you too! I promise to come over more!!!!! You have always been a second half to me....it's always abbey and amelia that hung out together. I love you girl...

Brad and Jade said...

Abbey!!! I have a blog and I'm glad you do to so now we can talk more cause I miss you so much. Hey will you do me a favor, if you see Lindsi again will you get her phone# and her email address again, I deleted that text you sent me on accident. Thanks
Love ya! Jade

Powered by Blogger.