Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sweet Frida

Ok, before you begin reading this blog...please don't judge by the way I look. I had just taught a cycle class and my hair was a mess..yikes!

Anyhoo!! I want you to take a look at this woman to my right. Her name is Frida. Now I have never met a sweeter little lady in my life. Every night I am usually one of the last of the day staff to leave Lifetime. My day would not be completed until I have my nightly talk with Frida. I am ALWAYS greeted by Frida before I leave. She arrives around 10 to begin her graveyard cleaning shift. Does not sound fun does it? Frida and I always find time to chat with one another for a few minutes before I take off for the night. I can tell she is starting to arrive early now, so she has time to talk to me. I think it makes her feel good knowing that she has somebody to talk to about her day. Intuition tells me she doesn't really have friends to talk with on a daily basis. I don't think she has been given much love or much of anyhing for a very long time. I am very observant of her and she is somebody that I want to get to know more and more as we begin our nightly conversations. Frida is someone that is very very special. Never been married, but has always wanted to get married. She told me "No guy will ever love her, only one guy loved her once." She told me the only guy she came close to marrying didn't work out. She even paid his way through college. His family didn't want to except her because she was from a Indian heritage. I always tell her she is so beautiful. She had a hard time believing me in the beginning. I now make a point of telling her as soon as she walks in the doors. She is starting to believe me more and more each time, because she lifts her chin and giggles now. I seriously love it!
She spends all day working for a caterer and you can tell does not get much down time. She goes home from her day job to make herself dinner and heads back to work at Lifetime for the night. Her shift is from 10-6 am. She than goes home and sleeps for a few hours before she starts at her catering job again at about noon the next day. Frida also takes care of her brothers kids full time. She has literally nothing. You can tell her most valued possession is the beads she wears around her wrists.
I have never felt so humbled by one human being and I want Frida to know how amazing she has been in my life. I honestly want to write to Oprah and send her away on a pampering spa vacation. Frida is simply so deserving of everything wonderful. Frida, thanks for the talks and helping me to understand just how blessed I am in my own life! I have only known you for a short time but you have taught me miles of lessons. If everyone had a chance to talk to Frida, you would understand what I am talking about, she has a pure simplicity about her that not alot of people will ever reflect.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Abs! Ur awesome! U see beauty where no one else does. Ur so selfless with urself and ur love. U inspire me daily to be a better person. I love you more than you'll ever know!

Trish said...

Always learning something MORE amazing about you! What an inspiratin to us all!

Powered by Blogger.