Monday, June 16, 2008

Its just Monday

Ok time for a new post. I was browsing amongst some friends blogs and took this one from Anika's blog. I hope you guys enjoy more interesting facts about my life at a glance. Also, my nieces can't get enough of my new camera phone. They are obsessed with taking pictures...so yet more pictures with my nieces. I don't mind they are my angels.



Joys- Oh the Joys of my life, I have so many but here are a few that stick out in my mind.

1. Friendships- Nothing like friends that always know how to lift you up on a bad day or knowing they are there for you no matter the situation for support, advice or a good time. A few stick out in my mind. Jessie and Megan these two are the definition of a friend and I am so grateful for them. I hope they never forget. Katie is a good friend because she relates to everything that I am going through. She is someone I can call on that will always understand. Heather Mcdonald and Heidi Pferdner are friends that no matter how long we don't talk they would be there for me in a minute if I needed them. I love you two! They will be my friends forever. The Morrills, they are a family that I have come to know more this past year. Their cute girls brighten my life and I look forward to every chance I get to hang with them. My Life Time family every one of my friends I work with and the friendships I have made in the last year over there, truly amazing group of people! My awesome family is the best friends that anyone could ask for and I am so blessed to have such a great support system in my life.


2. Accomplishments, crossing a much awaited finish line. Seeing family and friends there to support you as you finish. Amelia running in with me at the St. George marathon when I had nothing to give and I did not think I would qualify. She held my hands and guided me as she ran with me to the end. She had the strength I needed to finish and I qualified.
Ethan's face when he saw me finish Lotoja in 2006, he looked at me as if I was his hero. He walked my bike for me and I truly knew that he looked up to his aunt that night. Watching the Pogues jump up and down as I finished Lotoja the same night. (They were much faster)
When I finished the SLC Marathon the hardest race I have had in 2004 my friend jumped the ropes and ran me to the finish in her barefeet down the road as I was in pain.
Watching others accomplish hard goals is so inspiring. Half of the stuff I have attempted to accomplish and have accomplished is because of the inspiration of watching others. Lotoja-A friend, Boston Marathon-My Dad, Eventually I want to take on the biggest accomplishment of my life and that is to become a good mother and I watch and learn from my own mom and sisters example.


3. Teaching a successful class and watching others learn and become stronger from what I give and what I am truly passionate about, its an amazing feeling.

4. The Gospel is my true definition of Joy because it is everlasting

5. Climbing a long canyon on my road bike and then descending down with only the small of my tire and road to seperate me from literally flying.

6. The little angels in my life: Savannah, Sarah, Ethan, Madelyn, Vincent, Mason, and Dylan (My nieces and nephews!) CONGRATS to Allison my sister, Dylan was born today 6/16 at 7:30 this morning. YAY! Another one to spoil!

My other little angels: Maddie, Brie, and CeCe Morrill. Christopher. Shawn Armstrong and cute Maddie from Lifetime. KIDS are absolutly the joy in my life.

Fears


1. Never finding love, yes this is a real fear of mine. I have so much to give but I hope I get the chance to find that special person to share it with and I really want to be a mommy!


2. Airplanes. I am getting better, I have a few things that have to occur while I am flying. A. I have to sit in a window seat B. I have to listen to my music perferably Sarah Mclachlan or Ronan Hardiman C. I need to take a valume! D. I need to check out the pilots to make sure they look nice. D. Nobody can talk to me during take off. E. Pray Pray Pray.

Although the last time I took a flight it was with Kaycee and she did not allow for me even to think about being scared she chatted and made jokes the whole time and I was not by a window seat. So we just listened to her laptop and I did pray still ;) Thanks Kaycee! She had no idea how scared I really was to fly. There is something wierd about being 30,000 feet above ground in a tube.


3. Heights, I'm not too fond of heights...I have this re ocurring dream that I am on top of a sky scraper in NY and I am hanging on for dear life and no! Spider man is not there to save me. Anyone that knows about dreams, can you interpret that for me?

4. Not reaching my highest potential and goals. I am really hard on myself, so that scares me. I want to live my life but really LIVE my life!




Goals

1. To be a awesome wife and mother someday to a beautiful family.

2. To finish a Iron Man triathalon sometime in the next couple of years. Couer d'Alene. To do well in all of my races, prepare myself accordingly to place and break records :)

3. To write a successful novel that will one day be on the Oprah book club list. Or atleast a few! I would like to travel the world and become a motivational speaker.

4. To continue on my awesome group fitness path. To keep pursuing this dream and become more and more passionate with what I do, if it is even possible. The growth is endless and I love it!

Current Obsessions


1. Sushi! I don't know what has come over me but I can't get enough. There a few places that I have discovered where I like to get my sushi. Harmons and Ginza! Wow, incredible!

2. My road bike, I think it has always been my obsession.

3. I am obessed with the tv show "So you think you can dance" Its is one of the highlights of my week.



Random Facts About Me


1. I will say it how it is...sometimes I need to watch what I say, but I am blunt! No beating around the bush!

2. I'm into New Age and World Music. I LOVE the LION KING soundtrack, that music just is incredible.

3. I have a really good sense of what is right and wrong and sometimes it bugs the crap outta me. I want to live more on the wild side.

4. I am very observant, I can observe a lot about people and I am a good judge of character. I have a strong intuition

5. My favorite thing to do is sit in bed with my lap top and watch T'vo at the same time.

6. I love Cinnamin Tea

7. I love being with kids

8. I was a children's ski instructor for 3 seasons, good times!

9. I lived in Scotland for a year

10. I have my own language called Scodiax

11. I LOVE PEOPLE

12. I can stand on my head

13. Lake Powell is my number one choice vacation spot

14. Roller coasters make me really sick


THATS ALL FOR NOW!

9 comments:

Chelsea Pickup said...

Abbi what a fun blog and what great pictures! I hope you are doing well and loving life!

Kristin said...

Abbey!! Me again. Just reading how incredible you are! Love ya girl!! Oh and I miss you, you truely are the greatest! You will find love and He will be the happiest man when He finds you! Remember everything happens for a reason. Love ya

Joel said...

Abbey! I was SOOO sad that I missed you Sunday. I had to teach EQ, it was Father's Day and I got smoked taking Erics circuit class. I got a MAJOR bruised heel and haven't been able to put weight on my foot all week long.

Anyway, I am SOOO convinced that the perfect guy is out there for you. Intelligent, beautful, and amazing women like you only get married to the best, the cream of the crop. You are worth waiting for! So hang in there kid-o, the man of your dreams is out there and I'm confident he will find you.

You are the best!

Heather said...

Gosh you are so good at these thoughful blogs. I am so impressed. I think the same of you -- no matter how long it's been since we've chatted we can always pick up where we left off. There will always be a section in my life just for you!! And you could always go out with Jon...... HE HE

Heather said...

Gosh you are so good at these thoughful blogs. I am so impressed. I think the same of you -- no matter how long it's been since we've chatted we can always pick up where we left off. There will always be a section in my life just for you!! And you could always go out with Jon...... HE HE

Lisa said...

Loved reading this post, Abbey! It helps me get to know you, since it's a little hard to do at Lifetime one a week or so! And, btw girl, is that "new" hair I see on your head? You either lightened it or you have been spending lots of time poolside in the last week since I saw you. CUTE! OK, I'm voting for auburn next. You seem to be able to pull off any color. I agree with Joey, you will SO find that right guy, it's just that nobody good enough has come along yet. Don't think about it and it happens, I swear. You are FANTABULOUS! We're big Abbey fans!

Emily said...

I love those kinds of posts. Fun read.

Katie said...

I love the way you write. I can hear you saying everything you write. Love ya!

Jen said...

Abbey, Abbey, Abbey! Girl how you brighten my day! You always seem to have a kind word for everyone. Your outlook on life inspires me to be a better person. Keep on being your blunt self. It helps the rest of us stay on track. Love ya girl!

Powered by Blogger.