Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good OL Highschool Days!


Just me and my cute niece Sarah last night hanging out together!



Thinking back on the Red and Black days!!!! I stole this from Heidi's blog so have fun reading it! I had some funny stories!


1. Did you date someone from your school? No, I just chased one guy throughout highschool, big big big mistake.

2. Did you win anything in Senior's Who's Who? I don't think we had seniors who's who's

3. What kind of car did you drive? sophomore year Allison and I shared her 97 Honda accord for a little while. I drove my Grandma Daws old 87 Jeep Cherokee Loredo my Jr. Year, I named it Buffalo Soldier and I put fog lights on it. I think at one time I wanted to put a lift on it, I wanted to totally pimp it out. Fog lights is as far as I went and that was bad. Senior year I drove a new 99 Red Jetta, my dream car at the time.

4. It's Friday night. With Heather Mcdonald, Ashleah Williams, Jamie Shurtleff, Kristin Stowers and Heidi Pferdner causing mischief somewhere. Usually at Zanes pool or at the mall, Ashleahs..who knows! We had fun though.

5. Were you a party animal? No I would consider myself a goody goody in highschool. I thought driving down State Street was bad.

6. Were you considered a flirt? No, I was a horrible flirt. Allison my sister tried to teach me how to flirt and at the time I worked at Zuka juice and I liked one of my co-workers. She asked me what I did to flirt with him and I told her that I tugged on his apron to try and pull it off. That is how I flirted because I wanted to make out in the Zuka Juice Ice Cream and Fruit freezer in the back. Trust me the tuggin on the apron thing never worked, I never made it to the freezer. Instead I got asked to Homecoming by a real cutie that I worked with and I'm not mentioning names. He wanted to take me on our date activity to Zuka Juice the place were we rekindled our love. YIKES! To this day, I'm not the best flirt. Will someone please teach me! :)

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, I thought that was for nerds. Now come to think of it, I would have loved to play the violin or something in orchestra. Back in the day being part of the school band just meant that you carried a black clarinet case or guitar case around and sat with the nerds at lunch.

8. Were you a nerd? I was not a nerd I don't think, but I did some lame things that now that I look back, pretty nerdy. We won't mention Miss Otis Regrets in front of my Senior Class at a B-Ball game. I had a good group of friends and I had good times!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No. I will mention that Heather and I got kicked out of a few classes. Seminary for one which I feel bad, Bro Whitmer loved us at first but than I started bringing Albertsons french bread to class and gold fish and passed them around the class by throwing it to people. Did not go over so well. We also got kicked out of Preschool Mrs Toronto's class, because I talked too much to Tiffany and Heather. I did make a awesome rudolph song prop at Christmas that my potential preschool little hawk would have loved..but she/he never got to meet me. SAD! Heather, those were the days! Oh and I will never forget when Miss Dahle said the F word to me in English at the computer lab cause she hated my poem I wrote. Heather and I also paid a girl from the softball team, the teachers aide that liked us to change our grades for English our senior year. Noonne ever found out and it was Heather and I's secret. Whoops, we learn from our mistakes. We had like every class together and I have no idea how we pulled it off.

10. Can you sing the fight song? Nope

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Wrathall our craft design teacher. She was weird. But she loved our table. Heather, Heidi, Rick, Jamie, Ashleah, Rory and I hope I'm not forgeting anybody. We had a blast! I also loved Mrs Stites, she loved me...even though she cut me from the basketball team. I was the best team manager and she will always say that about me. I did suck at basketball though and she will say that churchball was the place for me to shine.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? At Wendy's!! The Larry H Miller one on State Street. We went there every day. I remember the drive through lady had really green eyes. If we went inside to eat the down syndrome worker was always there to hang with us, but sometimes he got really mad at us for no reason and I will never forget when he chased Jamie and Jackie around the tables and they knocked over.

13.What was your school's full name? Alta High School

14. School mascot? Hawk

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Holy yes, worst dance of my life. HIs name was Dan and I actually saw him at the gym tonight. We went to the circus. I wore the ugliest dress and I did not want to go my mom I remember thought we were like a match made in heaven but I did not want to go and I did not have fun, I sound like a brat but really I just remember him almost hitting the concrete wall on the freeway on the way to the circus and I was praying for my life.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Never, but I will never forget the memories and my best friends.
17.What do you remember most about graduation? That I did not iron my gown. I took it straight out of the box. I had to flap it out the window on the freeway to try and get the wrinkles out but that only made it worse. I felt like a idiot, I walked on stage a wrinkled mess, but at least i was not the only one..Jason Judd didn't iron his either and he was my really good friend so it made me feel ok. Pepperwood party like usual and I can't remember anything else.

18. Where did you go senior skip day? Every day was senior skip day. we would all pile in my jetta and take off or Jamie's jeep.

19 Were you in any clubs? SC for life..but I was not a true member

20. Have you gained some weight since then? No I think I have actually lost weight.

21. Who was your prom date? Well, his name was Brian Mitchell and he was like 7'9 he played center for the basketball team and he was tall. Heather said no to him so he asked me..which made me feel even better about myself. His friend nate asked me in a tux on my doorstep with a banana that said I will go bananas if you go to prom with me. Heather was sleeping over and we laughed our guts out but I said yes and when he picked me up..Jenny, Amelia and Heather sat in my living room laughing because they said he had tap shoes on. I actually had a nice time at prom with Brian..Heather you missed out! I did like my dress this time around. Thats a plus

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Only if Heather will come with me..it wouldn't be the same. I also sure hope I am married by then, its ok if I don't have kids but please Abbey lets just get you married before your reunion.

So there you have it! Please don't judge my experiences, It would not have been as fun without them and without Heather. Holy cow! Awesome!

10 comments:

Jason and Heidi said...

I forgot about SC. That's freaking hilarious!! hahah. Oh goodness. Good times Abs. Seriously we had tons of fun though.

Palmer Family said...

I was totally kidding about not writing about me. I am laughing my guts out! Dan Tenza. He was a little weenie. And Brian Mitchells tap shoes. I can't stop laughing!!

CoLiE-O said...

you make me giggle! i would totally go back to high school. i would do things a little differently though. i just remember hangin out at your pool all the time! those were the good days...no worries.
and good for you for not gaining weight from high school...i have gained enough for the both of us..but i am trying to lose it!

Heather said...

Holy cow abbey you have me laughing my butt off. Goood old Dan I think i saw him the other day driving that saturn still, the one he thought was so Pimpin'. HEHEHE I dont remember paying someone in english, but i wouldnt put it past us. Ms. Dahle still hates us i am sure. High school was great with you, we were both in our own little world and oblivious to what everyone else around us was up to. Dont forget our weight lifting class as well we were THE BEST!! LOVE YOU LOTS!!! thanks for the compliments too you made my day!!

Kristin said...

Oh so cute!! I loved reading that POST!! I guess I missed out, I was always at work or with Zane of course! Abbey you rock! And I would have to agree with you on not going back....the times I did spend with you guys were the best!! I almost miss them. Love ya girl!!

Anika said...

Loved reading this! I did the same one... and we were at Larry H.'s Wendy's every day for lunch too. I totally remember the red Jetta... do you still have it!?

Jules P Hansen said...

Abbey I found your blog through Brandie's! It is so fun to see what you are up to. Also I know this is random but I have the cutest guy I work with that I think you should go out with. What do you think of blind dates? Julie Hansen (Peterson)

Katie said...

I wish we would have been friends in high school. At least we had biology together

Brooke Franco said...

Ok Abby I am stumped! I need some help! I don't even remember saying that! What happened? I know I liked you and Heather, but if I remember right I did think you didn't like me because I had dated Robert. I am so sorry!!!

The Josh's said...

Okay, so Josh tells me he stole your Jeep once, True or False?
It would seem, from your stories of high school days, you hung out with my husband more then I got too! Good times I am sure!! LOL

Powered by Blogger.