Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ragnars Wasatch Back Relay June 20-21st 2008. "The RUNAMOK DIVA'S"

This was one of those races I could say when I was finished,"I AM EXHAUSTED" This relay consists of two vans,12 runners and a route that starts in Logan and ends in Park City Utah. 100 miles total! I went 32 hours without sleep and I have never run so hard in my life! I ran through heat, cold, and gave my teammates sponge baths along the way. I was fortunate to be apart of an amazing team! The Runamok Diva's do not mess around. We finished 72nd place overall with a total of over 500 teams. We also finished 7th overall in Womans open teams. Thanks Andrea for asking me to be apart of this great experience. I will never forget it as long as I live! I already cannot wait for next year. Here are some pictures!




Abbey, Natalie, Jenn, Andrea, Katrina and Alicia! RUNAMOK DIVA'S





Waiting for Andrea to come in so that we could send Jenn on her way!

Ready to rock n' roll. My first run consisted of a 6.7 mile run in 90 degree heat! GIDDY UP! Who knows why I had that weird lookin smurk on my face. YIKES!

Abbey and Deb! She was on another team "A Pretty Pace" She works as an instructor with me at Life Time and I love this person! Their team rocked!

"A Pretty Pace" Quick shot as they were driving to meet their runner.

Runamok Diva's Car...we did some art work all over the windows.

Andrea Martinez! She is an AMAZING runner! She is the reason why I was on this team. I loved this vest and I could not wait to wear it! I had a few more hours until I had the great oppertunity!

My Team! Abbey, Natalie and Alicia! I had so much fun with these girls!

Andrea hot stuff!

In the middle of the night..waiting to run my night leg. We were starting to get really tired by now. Good Times!

I just wanted my blankie and a place to rest my head before it was time to run again, and again.

These memories will go down as some of the best of my life. It was so fun to see a lot of people that I knew from around Utah joining in the awesome fun! There was over 7,000 runners. Despite the lack of sleep and the tears of pain I shed during this race...it was well worth it. I grew more as a person and it definetly tested my strength. I still think about it and wonder how the heck I did this, but I could not have done it without the support of all my friends and team mates. I LOVED IT!

5 comments:

Tebbs Times said...

I totally agree!! What an adventure!! It was so fun to see you and run my leg when you could sponge me down with water too!! It felt so good and helped me in the heat!! You are a superstar abs!!! Ilove you!!

Heather said...

i'm so proud of you! i'm worried about running a 10k ha please don't laugh..YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!! LOVE YA

Katrina and Bill said...

I will never forget this! It was a great adventure! Thanks for telling the story. It was really fun to read.

Jen said...

Abbeys the bomb people! She gave several of our team ice cold sponge baths and we werent even on her team. Shes just such a sweetie! I absolutely loved this race experience too. Love ya Abbey!

Palmer Family said...

I am really proud of you!! It amazes me what you manage to accomplish~!

Powered by Blogger.