Tuesday, December 4, 2007

2 Losses


I had the worst day of my life yesterday, so I thought I might blog about it. Very hard to watch your grandpa try and release himself from his body. He is ready to pass on but is holding on with one thread. I have a strong testimony now of the plan of salvation. Allison and I had a few moments alone with my grandpa when he did something that startled us. My grandpa yesterday did not speak a word. His energy level wont allow him to talk. Out of the blue he opened his glazed over eyes and said "Hi Dad" he than said, "Already!" I believe his Dad was in the room to pick him up. He than waved. I know this to be true. She said something to me that made alot of sense. She told me that its watching somebody struggle to live that you realize the most important thing in your life is family. I believe in that so much. The past few weeks our family has really grown close. I have never really sat down and talked to my Aunt Tracey or My Aunt Karen like I have these few weeks. They are great ladies. I even grew closer to my Aunt Nanete and Uncle Gordon and my cousins. I am so lucky to have the family that I do. I love my sisters so much. I want to take this oppertunity to tell my sister Allison how much I love her and think the world of her more than she will ever understand. Despite the fact that I am about to lose my grandpa, I lost a very important person in my life. Justin and I parted ways yesterday and decided it would be best to break up. I did not think that this day would come but it did..I thought he was the person I was going to spend the eternities with and raise a beautiful family. I still have hope that he will realize that is what he wants...cause I know without a shadow of doubt, it is what I want. I love you Justin, I hope for the very best. In the end I hope we both get our happy ending together. I am drained, I am tired and emotional today. I just need a friend and my family by my side. I still am hopeful. I still have faith and I am still going to carry on. Until next time......Faith is by my side.

6 comments:

Trish said...

My heart is breaking for you...I am so sorry. Keep that positive attitude, even though I know it is hard. I just opened the Dec. 2007 Ensign this morning. There is a wonderful article called Facing the Future with Hope. Read it. I loved the quote by Pres. Hinckley from his wife's funeral. Love ya xoxo

Brittany said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I love how you love your Grandpa and what you say about him, he would be so proud! I feel horrible about Justin, things always work out for the best - my heart hurt for you as I read this entry.

Palmer Family said...

Thanks Abs, That was a special time we had with Grandpa yesterday. I am glad you were there with me. I love you! I know that this time will pass and you will have something to learn from it.

Rhianna said...

Abs, know that I'm thinking about you and your family during this difficult time. Sorry also about Justin...things will work out - they always do...remember two things, why you love Justin and why you broke up. The more important reason will rule and you will find love again - whether with Justin or someone else. Love you!

Anika said...

Abbey- I'm so sorry. I love ya! Love, Ani

Vickie Mckinley said...

I just e-mailed you and then read your blog-I want you to know are a wonderful person and have an amazing strength within! I will be thinking of you during this tough time and sending nourishing energy
your way.

Powered by Blogger.