Saturday, December 8, 2007

HAVE I BEEN PUNKED?


I was asking myself this very question...have I been punked!!!! Literally! It all happened when I walked into my first single adult party last night since being newly single once again. Let me just say, that it was not a good sight. I was so depressed. I can't believe my friends and I got in our car and fought the horrible roads and weather to make it to this party. First of all, I walked in and immediatly thought..how did this happen and how much longer do I have to go through this in my life. I wanted to look over and just see my husband sitting on the couch, smiling with a halo over his head. Angels singing Hallelujah above and I could grab his hand and say it done!!! Lets get on with it already.

Instead, I walked in and saw some things that I needed to blog about today. I immediatly walked over to the couch to see if anyone struck my attention, but the only thing that did was the Jazz game that was on. After they lost...I just scoped out and observed the single scene. First of all I hope to not offend anybody by this blog..and If I am maybe you need to stop reading now. I have to comment on the fashions because, to me it is important to be up to date with the world today..for the most part. A little nerdy is cute at times, but I must say that this was not cute. I looked over and saw a guy with his slicked back hair and white table cloth like shirt on with a brown leather jacket with a lamb wool collar folded down. He was shmoozing with some girl so I was happy for him. She although didn't seem to be that interested but he had his groove on. He thought so at least. Then I looked over and saw the 40 year old guy that I thought could be my dad..wearing my favorite...pants with loops. The loops that come down the side of the pants and have a long pocket underneath it. I think they call them carpenter style? And last but certainly not least it was the guy that was wearing denim on denim. Now, I just don't know where he got his fashion tip that night. His jean jacket was literally purchased from the gap in 1991 with bright silver buttons. He was also wearing some tapered mom jeans with a darker color denim to finish off this denim outfit. I think he wanted to not match so much, so he had to go darker denim on the bottom. I was already not excited to be there so I said to my friend Katie, there is a denim dude over there...I'm not really interested in anybody here are you? She said lets go...and we told the rest to follow us to the car. I was outta there! Needless to say it was a funny experience. I am not shallow, I promise! I just needed something to blog about today. Next time I go to a single adult party.............well I don't think it will be happening any time soon. I should hopefully be a little more positive. In the meantime..I believe that those party's are for the birds! YIKES....BIKES! :)

2 comments:

Palmer Family said...

EWWWWWW. Duke.

Impact Fitness said...

Awesome! This blog was the highlight of my day!!!

Ah.... I remember those days not so long ago -- we will find you Mr. Amazing, I promise!!!

YOU ROCK!

Powered by Blogger.