Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Good OL days


So, I wasn't planning on blogging tonight as I have been gone all day and I just got home at 12:30 am. I thought I would check my email before I hopped into bed and came across this picture that my sister sent to me. I spent some time with my two best friends tonight remissing on the old days. I was thinking to myself and asking my friends, if you could go back in time and spend two weeks hanging out..what time in your life would you choose? I chose around 10-11 years old when the only thing important in my life was basketball and playing with all the neighbor kids. Oh and chasing the neighbor boy! I couldn't believe my eyes when I downloaded this picture from an email Allison sent me tonight. Which is crazy because this picture was taken in 1992 which is was when I was eleven years old. I remember I didn't have any worries. I didn't get my first real trial in life until I was twelve years old. This was the year that I was so carefree with no worries. It is so funny to see how the style has changed! Thank goodness! In this picture is my two older sisters Amanda, Allison, me in the white shorts and my cousins up at our cabin at Bear Trap Fork in Big Cottonwood Canyon. This is the cabin my grandpa and grandma Daw owned. It was a very special memory for our entire family. Now that we are about to bury my grandpa on Tuesday morning, I am glad that I can take a look back and remember those memories that my grandpa allowed us to have because of the cabin he shared with his family. Allison's bangs were a little sausagie and Amanda was actually pretty darn cute. Except you look like you may have used the tanning bed one to many times! :) Check out my shirt..I was going for the "Saved by the bell" look, it was my favorite tv show at the time. Wow! THE GOOD OL DAYS! If I could choose to go back anywhere in time, this picture would be the day! I was so happy! I am now going to bed with a smile on my face!

3 comments:

Vickie Mckinley said...

you were a cute kid! my thought are with you and your family tommorow morning.

Trish said...

Cute! Still thinking of you and your family...

Unknown said...

I love those days.....

Powered by Blogger.