Sunday, January 20, 2008

Called to Write

My New Nephew Born 1/17/08 NICU
Savannah catching her first Fish

Ethan enjoying his fishing day


I wanted to just sit down and write tonight. I am in the mood. I like to write, in fact it is what helps me to relax. I actually decided that I am going to start using my blog as a time to write. I hope that I can touch at least one person. Tonight I feel like relaxing because it has been a very long week. I want to elaborate for a moment on everything that has been stirring inside my active mind lately. Do you ever feel like your life is the same every single day and it never changes? Do you feel like you repeat day after day the same motions, errands and tasks? Do you may feel as though you are completely stale or that your life is just meaningless? Some of us feel as though you are stuck in a deep dark tunnel with a never ending escape. The weather is not making us feel any better, especially if you live in Utah. We all wish that we could have the sun to bask in tomorrow. We all wish for that sandy white beach and the sun beating down on our cheeks and shoulders. In my life lately I have been feeling the exact opposite..as weird as that may sound. I decided to try something differen't this winter. Usually the winter time for me is gloomy and I feel as though I get a bit of seasonal depression. I am usually searching for that sunny day and it never comes. I feel lethargic and my day seems to drag on until I climb into bed at night. I don't look forward to the next day.



Something changed in my life recently. Every single day I have found the sun. I have not had to search for it. The rays have just landed in my lap. The sun that I am talking about is not the sun that you feel from laying on a beach in Hawaii. The sun I am talking about feels almost the exact same but it does not come with the beach towell and sun tan. The sun I feel has the effects of a changed countenance, a content joy and a realization of the great mystery of life. The sun not only hits your skin but it feels up your entire being from within. The sun I feel is just as addicting as the UV rays we get from the beach. This sun is not only healthy for your demeaner but also for your heart. The sun I have been receiving does not give you cancer. This sun from what I feel protects you from allowing cancer to invade your life.



Now I don't want to come off too philosophical..I just want to tell you of what I have experienced recently. I decided to listen. Listening every single day to what I need to know. We all are in too much of a hurry to listen. If you listen closely... your day will turn into a sunny day. The rays are endless. We all give so much of ourselves to others around us and sometimes we neglect what we need. Running dinner to our neighbors, making sure our kids are happy. Loving our friends and feeling up all our eggs into their baskets. Pleasing our spouses and making sure that we don't let them down. Competing with the Jones. Worrying about what will happen tomorrow as if it has already happened. Regreting what we did the day prior after it has already occurred. If you are reading my blog today, I hope that maybe you can smile. If you listen to your day something will be given to you. The simple daily amazing occurances is our daily lives. It has become a gift in my life. We all need something given back. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be given something back. When you wake up in the morning notice the small and simple things that make you feel bright. Notice that you have a bed to wake up in the morning and embrace the silence before you begin your day. Give yourself a chance to have a good day before you already decide that it will not be a good one. Smile at your neighbor in the store. A simple smile alone will change how you feel. You just need to listen. Notice when something makes you laugh. In my day I get to see people struggle to get stronger through living an active healthy lifestyle. It is the best sun I receive. Watching someone conquer an hour long brutal spin class I teach. Watching someone run their first 3 miles on a treadmill. Recently experiencing the new movie Juno..holy cow that was hillarious. I have never laughed so hard! Getting asked out on a date by someone I am really digging right now in my life. Also, when my nieces tell me they love me. Before I didn't listen, well I heard what they said and thought it was cute but I didn't truly listen. I listen now when they tell me they love me...I allow in that simple moment for the sun to come out. Their words seriously warm my soul. My neices and nephews are my little rays of sunshine. Another ray of sun, when my nephew was born a few days ago. A huge ray of sun in my life! Another ray of sun, when Stephen walks into the club and tells me about the many fish he caught when he went Ice fishing. He LOVES to fish! He is a simple stranger with his own story which makes me smile. Those are some of my own simple daily life rays of sunlight. Take a moment and take two steps back from your busy day and listen to someone elses story. Your own story will then become more evident and exciting!
You may feel that there are not many rays to embrace in your life. Allow Something about tomorrow to be differen't. In a normal day the sun will always rise, sometimes the clouds will cover and you can't see the sun. Let your sun rise and allow for no clouds. I promise you will attract at least one ray. I try to embrace my life every day like I were to attract and embrace the sun with baby oil and sunglasses on a hot summer day. Attract your own sun by putting on a positive outlook. If you think about it, it is simple. Now, I'm not always "Positive Polly" I do have the shits of a day, everyone does..but if you listen, even on a shit of a day you will still have at least one reason to smile. Step back and watch others, usually that alone will inspire you or make you laugh.

Sun can come in many differen't ways. You just need to listen for it and be ready to inherit it in your life. I promise your day will be better. I am so excited to see what happens to me tomorrow. Its the beginning of a new page in a chapter. I take each day now as another oppertunity to listen. It is so exciting for me to know that tomorrow is a mystery. I have no idea what is going to happen in my life. I have the same routine planned....but this Monday, something will be differn't than last Monday. Maybe tomorrow I will meet the person I am supposed to have as my permanent buddy for the rest of my life because last Monday It did not happen. That is the beauty of a new day. Tommorrow at least one ray will hit your shoulder. Just take a moment to listen to your day. Stop expecting good things to happen and attract them, you will notice your day will be alot brighter and full of endless sunlight.

Now that is my two sense for the week. Smile!!! Even if you don't want to, I promise it will make you feel better. Lay on your own self made beach and start enjoying the sun! :)

1 comment:

Palmer Family said...

WOW. I am sure my friends will be talking about this one. :)

Powered by Blogger.