Thursday, February 19, 2009

Remembering 2008 and gearing up for an amazing 2009!

Now that the new year has come and gone, I got this blog idea from another blogger friend, and thought I would share the same idea. I realized recently that life passes so quickly. It feels like Christmas was yesterday and it is already almost March. I cannot believe it! I wanted to reflect back on a very difficult year that 2008 was for me, but also one of the most life changing and incredible years I have ever had.

REMEMBERING 2008 and gearing up for an AMAZING 2009!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Skinny Dipped in Bear Lake in the middle of the night. Ran the Wasatch Ragnar Relay! Best times of my life!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really make resolutions. I have goals, and I am one that always try's to better myself each year. I love a challenge. New Years Day is an amazing day. A clean start.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. My sister Allison welcomed baby Dillon my nephew on June 16th.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my Grandma Daw passed away right before the New Year.
5. What countries did you visit? None, I wish I did. That is something I want to change in this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I want to fall in love this year. I lacked in the relationship department last year.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Lotoja, Sept 6th 2008. My parents and best friends were there to watch me ride 206 miles for my second time from Logan to Jackson Hole Wyoming. I also had a blast at Idea Fitness Convention from July 8th-12th in Vegas with my best friends. I also had an oppertunity to go to the Life Time Fitness Cycle Summit in March 2008 through invite only to meet amazing mentors in the fitness industry. Those dates I will never forget about last year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Lotoja
9. What was your biggest failure? Having regrets, I am usually a no regrets kind of girl. I lost love and thought it was my own fault. I felt that I failed miserably. I learned though, and life is good!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope. I am very grateful for my health.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My Nose :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go? GAS Prices!! and bills!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Cycle Summit Minnesota for LTF. Idea Fitness Convention. All my races! I also had a few girl trips last year that made for a fun year. New Port Beach and Disney Land.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Katy Perry-Hot N' Cold or Kiss'd A Girl.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? depends on diff situations. I am a happy person most of the time. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner c) richer or poorer? Rich in my life! More blessings and more gratitude.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relaxing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Working
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my amazing family over at my Brother Garretts house. Amanda's family was in town from Iowa and we just hung out every day during the Christmas break.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Nope..but 2009 will be a diff story.
22. What was your favorite TV program? So You Think You Can Dance and Brothers and Sisters
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone..there is a relationship that I wish would be mended.
24. What was the best book you read? The Book Of Mormon.And, Eat Pray Love.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? TOO Many! I love music, I am discovering amazing stuff on a daily basis. I loved Snow Patrol, P!NK, Katy Perry, and OneRepublic and Rhianna last year. I think the song Apologize topped one of the greatest songs written that was popular last year.
26. What did you want and get? My new bike! Roubaix Expert
27. What did you want and not get? Fall in Love with a boy and live happily ever after.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Benjamin Button
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I seriously don't even remember. I think my birthday was on a Sunday. I am not sure though. I know I went to Bear Lake with my friends like a week after.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Do I have to keep bringing it up! Probably to fall in love or to travel more.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Gym clothes...Impact Fitness Wear. When I was dresesd up it was Anthropologie, Urban Blues, or Target. Those are the 3 places I mainly shop.
32. What kept you sane? My passion for teaching group fitness at LTF and my amazing family and neices/nephews. I also have the best friends in the world.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jennifer Aniston is gorgeous, Lance Armstrong is Hot. But I don't really get too involved in that really. I did love Shawn Johnson and Nastia who won gold at the olympics for our womens gymanastics.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Probably prop 8. Just alot of controversy. Which causes more contention in our world, that we don't need right now.
35. Who did you miss? My Grandpa Daw and an old best friend.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Debbie Thomas, Jen Droke, Angela, Marie, Joel and Lisa, Emily Booth, and Patrick Baum. Those stick out in my mind the most. I am sure there is lots more!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Live a no regrets life. Never second guess yourself. If you're grateful, you can have whatever you want. Smile, and you attract good things. Stay positive! Have a little faith.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Realize-Colbie Calliet or "Are you strong enough to be my man." Sheryl Crow


2009 is going to be the best year of my life! I already know it! Take more time to stop and breath in your day. Time passes by too fast, and we don't take advantage of the precious moments we have here to make awesome memories! Make this your year!

1 comment:

Debbie Thomas said...

I love reading your things Ab. You are such an amazing person. I am glad I made your 2008 list. 2009 will be so great!! So many fun memories to create. Stay possitive and happy like you always are. Love you

Powered by Blogger.