Sunday, April 6, 2008

A WEEKEND OF FUN! Studio Soiree and St. George

Ok so I am about to blog about one of the funnest weekends I have experienced in a LOOOONG time. Before you scroll down and look at my pictures let me tell you about these pictures before you judge me right away. I went down to Studio Soiree with my friends on Friday night for a girlfriends bachelorette party. Now let me tell you a little about Studio Soiree. I recommend this place to any woman. It is a fitness pole dancing class. I don't know if any of you have heard about these classes but they have done a episode on Oprah about fitness pole dancing. I figured if Oprah can do it, I can. My friend from work came in one day and was very excited about these classes she has been attending on a weekly basis. At first I was a little reluctant to believe that this was something that I should be doing. I figured I would go out on a limb after she explained the idea of the class and go with my friends on Friday night. We got there and the studio was so cute and I was excited once I saw the studios. I didn't have the feeling that I needed to leave right away. It was very much a FITNESS class. The idea is to just feel more like a woman. It was all I needed to let go a little bit and have some fun girl time. So yes, we danced on a pole. Let me just tell you it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I did pretty good if I must say so myself. Your core has to be incredibly strong. The instructors teach you the Firemans spin and the Tinkerbell spin. I was very good at the Tinkerbell spin. We turned upside down and we also had competitions to see who could climb up the pole and touch the ceiling first. Heidi and I tied for the best pole climbers. For the first time in my life I felt a little sexy :). I ran from pole to pole turning as fast as possible and laughed my guts out! In the end my friend Melissa and I TRIED to put our sexy on and do a dance for the group...all in good taste I promise! I am a good girl. I really do recommend this class to anybody!!! It will make you feel at ease in your own skin. No men ALLOWED!Perfect for a girls night out. You walk out feeling two inches taller from letting all your stress leave your body. I had so much fun with my friends. I will tell you, in the end the instructor teaches you all how to give a lap dance. It was hilarious. I am not married, but when I am my husband better be prepared for the best lap dance of his life. I hope he has never had one though before me..HA! Although I was the designated driver for the night, it was one of the funnest times I have had in a long time. Melissa congrats on your upcoming wedding! I am so excited for you. I love you so much. Any woman out there that is interested in this class the studio is in Sugarhouse and it is called Studio Soiree. http://www.studiosoiree.com/ I am going to take my sisters and my mom next time! Get ready you guys! Here are some pics of the night!

I also got home from St. George, I left early Saturday morning. I was so great to be with my family. I took a long bike ride this morning through Snow Canyon and It was so refreshing. I am so grateful for the things that I have and I am especially grateful for my family. It was so much fun taking a run with my mom and Amelia yesterday. It has been awhile since I have had sister and mom time. I love Allison and Cameron so much, thanks for keeping me company today on the long drive home. Cameron was a sport to sit in the back seat and play with Mason. I am so grateful that I could listen to conference and know that the gospel is everything to my life. My testimony is so strong. St. George thank you for delivering the 80 degree weather this weekend...it was all I needed!
















3 comments:

Jason and Heidi said...

Ok Abbey. That looks hellafun. What a great idea for a bachelorette party! That is totally something I would do too. I almost did a bachelorette party for my friend to learn how to belly dance. haha. You're a great friend Abs! Love you!

The Moore Family said...

I for sure want to go next time!!! Adam has been wanting me to try that for a long time.

Kristin said...

Abbey. That looks so fun!! AWESOME!! Love ya

Powered by Blogger.